Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Highest fast intake psi on forced induction cars?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 08:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Highest fast intake psi on forced induction cars?

I have talked to guys that ran think it was 18 or 20psi on their fsat no problems but seen no the board here that they go at 22 or so?I also read soemthing about you can rtv them to help in this area. I notice the fast burst kits are for 32psi.I doubt I will ever go past 20 but want to keep my fast because of the direct port nitrous option. And were they actually blowing apart past 22psi or where they just leaking between the shells and mabye thats why rtv could help.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:56 AM
11Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read somewhere that RTV is a bad idea because where it might leak from 15-22psi and blow up past 22, if you RTV it, it will not leak and will blow up earlier (like maybe 18psi). This is just hearsay, but I thought it was worth a reply.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Coal Mining Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
I have talked to guys that ran think it was 18 or 20psi on their fsat no problems but seen no the board here that they go at 22 or so?I also read soemthing about you can rtv them to help in this area. I notice the fast burst kits are for 32psi.I doubt I will ever go past 20 but want to keep my fast because of the direct port nitrous option. And were they actually blowing apart past 22psi or where they just leaking between the shells and mabye thats why rtv could help.
I'm running 17psi going on my second year. I won't push it to 20. They have broken....not just leaked...over 20psi....