Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Oil out breather on PCV switch on STS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil out breather on PCV switch on STS?

I would say the is a reasonable amount of oil blowing by the small filter on the solenoid valve on the PCV switch for the STS. Is this normal only have 300 miles on the kit?
Old 06-09-2007, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would just ditch the STS pcv setup and check out what others are running around here. Search will give you a ton of results so just try to weed through it. Theres a lot of setups out there and I have yet to find a concrete definitive answer to what works or at least how to do it.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I ditch it for a catch can and breather set up. Its fairly cheap to. I just used 2 pcv caps and a 3 inch toliet tube drill a hole in the top of it place a autozone filter on it. Then I drill three holes in the side of it and ran two lines from both valve covers into it and where the stcok pcv valve goes I into the intake I took the line from that and place it above the rest of the holes as a vac source to keep the oil smell out the car. total cost 35bucks and 2 hours. (because Im slow) No oil in my intake clean as a whistle. But one thing I wish I did was put a drain spigot on it. I have to unscrew once every 4 months to drain it.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

need some pics

Quick Reply: Oil out breather on PCV switch on STS?