Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

oil dip stick relocation

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default oil dip stick relocation

So im doing the 6.0 reverse truck turbo set up...i got the headers in yesterday and today i put them on... and well now the dipstick wont fit... nor the PS lines.

i tired bending the stick a little here and there but really no good match.. if anyone knows where to relocate it or has any pics please post them up!

also, the power steering line is in the way on the driver side, ive heard of just moving them out the way, i tried but it seems to be to short to move it out the way.. so if you have pics of this aswell please post!

also theres a small cylinder looking box under the passenger side battery, that has a vacum line going up to the pcm area where the A/C line runs into that, what is that and since im not running A/C or heat / smog can i take that off???

thanks
skeeter

Last edited by 05 GSXR 1XXX; 06-17-2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone???
Old 06-17-2007, 11:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have to worry about the AC or power steering so I can't help there.

On the Oil dip stick, I bought a Lokar one. Flexible enough to position any where.

http://www.lokar.com/interior_pages/engdipstick.htm

David
Old 06-17-2007, 12:04 PM
9 Second Club

I carefully bent the dip stick & it fit fine on my set up. Many people still use the stock PS lines by bending them, look up top in the stickies. I personally built new lines out of braided SS.

You can delete the vacuum canister if you have plugged off the vacuum fitting on the back of the intake manifold. On my set up I relocated the canister to the side of the frame
Old 06-17-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

You have to carefully bend the oil dipstick tube, my first attempt i wreck it, then had to buy another.
also i carefully bent the PS lines out of the way as well.
that plastic canister thing is the vacuum reserve, i just relocated mine on the frame rail, not that hard to move.

that looks allot like mike browns old turbo kit on his CE, did you buy his or just copying the design?
Old 06-18-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
You have to carefully bend the oil dipstick tube, my first attempt i wreck it, then had to buy another.
also i carefully bent the PS lines out of the way as well.
that plastic canister thing is the vacuum reserve, i just relocated mine on the frame rail, not that hard to move.

that looks allot like mike browns old turbo kit on his CE, did you buy his or just copying the design?
the only pic i could find of that can off the net, since i dont have batteries for camera
Old 06-18-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

ah ok, and let me know about that bar for your alternator, unless you already took car of it.

Quick Reply: oil dip stick relocation