Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

intercooler integrated with intake manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question intercooler integrated with intake manifold?

while reading a magazine i stumbled across an interesting article. A shop built a sheetmetal intake atually integrated a single pass through spearco core into the intake for their procharged mustang. Even with an insaely rich A/F, they pulled down 824RWHP and 626RWTQ at 25 degrees of timing. This made a difference of 137RWHP and 82 RWTQ over the non intercooeld unit at 16 degrees of timing. Has anybody here thought of this before? I think that it would make perfect sense. I can't really see a downfall in the idea. It shaves nosewieght, and wouldn't it be more efficent as the air is cooled right before entering the motor? what do you think.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that was DEZ racing, hes a sponsor on here. i think the main reason it was done was because of regulations in the race series correct? seems like a good idea but i would still rather have a nice big front mount
Old 07-04-2007, 09:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yup,we did it. Been running coolers like that for a long time on our Mustang race cars.It works but you need space for it.

You should see what that intercooler can really make.825hp through a powerglide is nothing to what we ussually make with it

Quick Reply: intercooler integrated with intake manifold?