Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

MAF question on forced ind. setups

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 02:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF question on forced ind. setups

ok so I am currently running a very ported MAF with a stock sensor. I am going for 700 whp and I am currently somewhere in the vicinity of 600. I am using HP Tunners so any advice would be greatly appreciated. for example how much power can I get out of the stock setup, ported setup, tuning advice in regards to the MAF etc. thanks ~Guy
Old 07-12-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Regular

no love ??
Old 07-12-2007, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the stock maf will take you to 7PSI after that you should go 2 bar or 3 bar .
Old 07-12-2007, 12:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're going to run a maf, use a stock untouched unit. It will be no restriction on the pressure side.

That being said, I agree with firehawk123, once your combination maxes out the maf sensor the correct way to tune it would be 2/3 bar speed density.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Regular

Im told SD is the last thing I want to do for a dailey driver here in the NW. I would have to retune my car on a hourly basis too much change in temp and humidity on a regular basis. I guess what I am really looking for is can I reliablly reach 700 whp with the stock MAF. I went with the ported so that I can keep from maxing out the sensor itself and simply tune it. but then there are larger MAFs available and aftermarket stuff and Im wondering if it would be more accurate or even worth the money. and or if I can reach 700 whp with the stocker then so be it I can change back to a screened stock MAF. or should I simply stick with the ported one and tune it with that. I am going for 12+ PSI and am currently @ 9 to 11 PSI it varies and I am trying to figure out why it is inconsistant among other things. God I cant wait till this thing is done or at least to my saticfaction. thanks for the help and taking the time to read this. ~Guy
Old 07-12-2007, 11:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know why you would believe that your car would require hourly re-tunes if it were speed density. Their are hundreds of thousands of stock vehicles running speed density tunes from the factory, hopefully none of them reside in Washington. You mention that you're boost control has a bit of variance, that would not be an issue with SD as it would self compensate.

In terms of restriction, the stock MAF will not hold you back. In terms of measuring airflow, I do not know of any maf that will not be maxed out long before you reach 700rwhp.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the density part of the speed density takes care of temp and humidity changes. Once you tune it right, it shouldn't need adjustment. Maybe a 2nd tune for track use or something.

Jim

Quick Reply: MAF question on forced ind. setups