Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My new turbo exhaust, and the neat old muffler

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 10:33 AM
7 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 187 Posts

Default My new turbo exhaust, and the neat old muffler

I finally got rid of my old very restrictive 3" exhaust that I just kind of threw on my TTi race kit when I originally put it all together. It was a left over from about 5 years ago back when my car was bolt ons but it just happened to fit the turbo setup. Now I rebuilt it using two dynatech split flow 3.5" mufflers and it dumps before the axle for weight savings, least amount of bends, etc. This thing flows so much better than the old setup the wastegate can't keep the boost down in higher RPMs. I used to be able to hold it down to 8 psi all day long but now it sits right around 11 at all times. Just a tad more efficient I would say. Can't get the tires to hook now even at my lowest boost level in 2nd, time for some suspension work next.

Here is a picture of the new exhaust setup. I used an oval split flow up front and a smaller round can split flow in the rear with no modifying of the floor pan, it fit perfectly. I was expecting it to be pretty loud but it really wasn't, then again I am used to hearing all sorts of loud type exhausts on customers cars.

And here is a picture of my old muffler, does anybody see anything wrong with it? Looks like just a tad amount of backpressure and heat I would say.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:08 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Nice. I have a 4" Splitflow muffler in the same spot but with a turndown right off the muffler. What kind of muffler is that 2nd one?
Old 09-27-2007, 11:18 AM
7 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Nice. I have a 4" Splitflow muffler in the same spot but with a turndown right off the muffler. What kind of muffler is that 2nd one?
It's just a round can split flow. I wanted to put two of them on to keep the sound level down and the round can version was small and short enough to where I didn't have to push up the floor plan to fit it.

Quick Reply: My new turbo exhaust, and the neat old muffler