Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

remote turbo...wastegate feed

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 08:41 AM
mcx
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote turbo...wastegate feed

i have a homemade low buck remote turbo set up and was wondering about the wastegate vacuum feed line....does it make the car much more responsive running the vacuum line to the front of the car into the intake???
Old 11-17-2007, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you dont have an intercooler, then running it to the compressor housing is fine. If you do have one, then run it to an intake vacume source.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:37 PM
mcx
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by trtturbo
if you dont have an intercooler, then running it to the compressor housing is fine. If you do have one, then run it to an intake vacume source.
thanks for info...i ran it from the rear to the front and it feels better...i have the MBC located in the rear right off the turbo...i want to mount it in the engine bay[it'll make it easier to adjust],will it operate correctly by switching its placement??
Old 12-06-2007, 03:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by trtturbo

what if you DO have an intercooler, and the wastegate is connected to the compressor housing?
Old 12-06-2007, 03:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RooRnZ28
what if you DO have an intercooler, and the wastegate is connected to the compressor housing?
Thats fine, but the boost seen in the intake will be less than the what the wg spring is rated for. This because you are pulling the reference source from the compressor housing (so with a 5psi spring you have 5psi leaving the compressor). You will loose some boost thru the intercooler, so you may end up seeing 3.5psi at the intake. If you want 5psi at the intake (to match your boost gauge), the wastegate needs to know when it is letting 5psi get to the intake. The psi will be higher than 5 leaving the compressor housing, but it will be 5psi at the intake.

I am sure I wasnt very clear when explaining it.

Quick Reply: remote turbo...wastegate feed