Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Oil Leakage, Blow-By! Going Back to NA!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 10:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Leakage, Blow-By! Going Back to NA!

I've been running a turbo for a couple of years on my '02 Z28, but my engine is getting old and tired. I have too much blow-by and can't control the oil seeping passed the valley cover. If I run any boost at all, I get oil dripping down the back of the engine. So much that when I stop at a light, smoke pours out from under the car.

I changed the valley cover gasket, and it still seeps past. I even drilled and tapped the cover in two places and ran lines to a catch can to releive the pressure. I'm running two catch cans now, one from the valve cover, and one from the valley cover. both are catching good amounts of oil.

This just started happening about two months ago, and I've had the manifold and valley cover off too many times now. I've decided to go back to a fairly stock configuration and work on my other car. I'll put my turbo on my hot rod and call it a day. I know that a re-ring will probably solve my problem, but I have too many projects to work on first. Bummer.

Anyone else dealing with this mess?
Old 12-04-2007, 10:16 AM

Problem #2 probbably directly corralates with problem #1.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:24 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MIEric
Problem #2 probbably directly corralates with problem #1.
You mean blow-by = oil leakage right?

That's the problem. I've got about 100K of hard miles on the stock motor. I'll replace it with a truck motor and go back to FI in a year or so. Too many other projects right now.