Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Vortech/ATI dampner question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 08:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vortech/ATI dampner question.

I got owned on the vortech supercharger I bought, the seller didn't give me the ATI dampner with it. So I have to get one, my question is do you have to use the exact one that comes with the vortech kits or can you use a different kind? These things are expensive
Old 12-11-2007, 02:59 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sworaz
I got owned on the vortech supercharger I bought, the seller didn't give me the ATI dampner with it. So I have to get one, my question is do you have to use the exact one that comes with the vortech kits or can you use a different kind? These things are expensive
I told you brother! I don't think you have to use that specific one at all. I know the hubs are the same so it puts the holes in the right location for sure!
Old 12-11-2007, 04:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspector12
I told you brother! I don't think you have to use that specific one at all. I know the hubs are the same so it puts the holes in the right location for sure!
Shot you a call, no answer.
There is a company called C.A.T. engine parts that makes some balancers...the guy said they do work with the vortech pulley. Any one ever use one of their balancers? (probably a long shot)
Old 12-11-2007, 06:12 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sworaz
Shot you a call, no answer.
There is a company called C.A.T. engine parts that makes some balancers...the guy said they do work with the vortech pulley. Any one ever use one of their balancers? (probably a long shot)
In the shower getting ready for work called you back and left you a message.
Only CAT parts I have used are there internal engine parts such as the rod etc...I didn't think they made balancers, could be wrong though.
Jeff

Quick Reply: Vortech/ATI dampner question.