Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Supercharged Six Speed....

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 02:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharged Six Speed....

was wondering if anyone else has a blowby problem??? or am i the only one????
Old 12-15-2007, 06:36 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to add a few more details to your post, as it is pretty vague. Most people don't have much blowby, what is your combination and where are you seeing blowby. Bob
Old 12-16-2007, 02:43 AM
Teching In

well i have an ati p-1sc procharger with stock fuel pump and in line fuel pump,twin intercoolers, and 42 lb injectors. running about 7 psi boost with six rib belt and I'm getting blowby out the crankcase. I bought a oil cap breather thinking it would help. don't think it did. when its just sitting idle you can see the blowby coming out the breather.
Any ideas would help....thanks
Old 12-16-2007, 06:03 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would do a leak down test to see what is going on internally with your engine. You should not be having any blow by at idle, and it is far from normal. Bob
Old 12-17-2007, 09:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the motor stock? If so this may be another reason as stock motors and boost aren't a good combo unless you are looking for a rebuild on purpose.

If the motor is built and still in good shape, then you may just need more ventalation as one small breather is almost never enough.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have the hose inlet on the passenger side of the throttle body blocked off? And were does the hose from the front passenger side valve cover go now?
Old 12-18-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

Try this.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...0002_248712_-1

Really, I would only purchase the Nipple and Check valve. Dont use standard heater hose because the oil will break down the material. Have these welded in close to your header collector and it will help with ring seating. Reduces crankcase pressure throughout entire rpm range for increased piston ring seal, reduced intake charge contamination, and fewer oil leaks.

Breathers will smoke at idle if there is temperature in the motor. Also, if one bank is open and the other is recirculated, it can cause issues.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cracker
Try this.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...0002_248712_-1

Really, I would only purchase the Nipple and Check valve. Dont use standard heater hose because the oil will break down the material. Have these welded in close to your header collector and it will help with ring seating. Reduces crankcase pressure throughout entire rpm range for increased piston ring seal, reduced intake charge contamination, and fewer oil leaks.

Breathers will smoke at idle if there is temperature in the motor. Also, if one bank is open and the other is recirculated, it can cause issues.
Weld which piece where? I'm lost.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CALL911
Is the motor stock? If so this may be another reason as stock motors and boost aren't a good combo unless you are looking for a rebuild on purpose.

If the motor is built and still in good shape, then you may just need more ventalation as one small breather is almost never enough.
I have a 98 Vette, 6SPD, stock engine with an A&A blower cam, LS6 intake, 7lbs of boost, no extra ventilation or anything, 544/556 on a Mustang Dyno. It has had this setup on it for 3 years and 32k miles (not the easiest miles) and NO BLOWBY or other problems. The stock bottom end is fine with 7lbs of boost and should live for a while at that power level. Sounds like something going on internally in your engine. How many miles are on your car? And has it had this much blowby since the bolwer was installed?
Old 12-19-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ls1_chevelle
Weld which piece where? I'm lost.
A similar setup to this comes in HPP's turbo kit and others as well.

Moroso sells just the nipple -

and the check valve -

And you can run tubing (I like aeroquip push lock fuel line because it doesnt break down) from your valve covers to the checkvalve(s)/nipple(s). You weld the nipple at an angle where it will pull vacuum clearing the system of crankcase pressure and helping with a ton of oiling issues ESPECIALLY on boosted applications. The actual location of the nipple is somewhere in the exhaust, usually close to the header collector. I like putting them just after the collector because If you ever want to change setups, your headers arent altered that might skew someone from buying them.

Just FYI, this WILL NOT add any sort of smoking or anything from the tailpipes.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Teching In

the car has 63000 miles and i noticed an oily film on the intake when i bought it in april of 07. so i purchased the breather and thats when i noticed the blowby.