Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Insight needed........

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 10:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Insight needed........

Ive had a 383 sitting around for a while now and i think im gonna use it. Its already forged, compression with stock heads should be around 8.8:1. Was built to go in a C10 truck with a roots and carb setup. Anywho. Im thinking of running twins. Ill be honest im new to turbo's, i read and pick up alot but im really a nitrous man myself. Heres the good part i want to be completely different. I like the idea of the STS kits but.........what if. You mounted both turbos under the back seats where people usally mount mufflers. Cut the floor pan out and raise the floor up to make room. Keep the cold side of the turbos to the out side and run up on each side, combine them in the intercooler and then to the TB. But run only turndowns on the exhaust side. I know you will hear the things spool a long way away, but its only a track car. The cam not sure about. Probaly a custom grind. Intake is a Victor Jr with elbow and I need a 90mm TB. Transmission will be a 400 turbo with around 4000-4500 stall, shifting at 7500-8000. Rear is a 12-bolt and probaly change gears to 3.08. Im not real good at picking the right size turbo's. Other than that i can handle everything else. Insight..........................:
Old 01-13-2008, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cut the floor pan out and raise the floor up to make room.
Interesting idea, but why? If you are going to do all that custom work, why not put the turbos in the front were they should be. The basic idea of the STS kits is supposed to be a easy install, at the cost of some performance.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I second Jimmy.... I mean in a C10 you have so much room... I want to do a twin turbo on my truck for the simple fact that you'd still have gobs of room... Do it right the first time and you won't regret it..
Old 01-14-2008, 09:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The motor was built to go in a truck but im going to use it in my Camaro.

Quick Reply: Insight needed........