Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

shorty headers flipped

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 02:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default shorty headers flipped

so i found a good deal on some gibson truck shorties should i just flipp these and use them or use the ugly truck manifold

im not lookin for a gain from using shorties vs manifolds its just those manifolds are so dam ugly

its a motor im building for a conversion so idk what kinda car it will be in for sure but i plan on something that has lots of room under the hood maybe a
c10 idk for sure yet
Old 02-12-2008, 04:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkwalkercchs
so i found a good deal on some gibson truck shorties should i just flipp these and use them or use the ugly truck manifold

im not lookin for a gain from using shorties vs manifolds its just those manifolds are so dam ugly

its a motor im building for a conversion so idk what kinda car it will be in for sure but i plan on something that has lots of room under the hood maybe a
c10 idk for sure yet
i did the same thing. The problem your gonna have is that the steering shaft will hit i think the #3 runner on the driver side header. I had to cut the runner and relocated so it would not hit the steering shaft. It was either that or modify the steering shaft. I would just jet coat the stock manafolds and run with that.