H/C LS1: Procharge-able?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H/C LS1: Procharge-able?

Hey yo,

Yes, I know I just made up a new word with Procharge-able lol

Anyways, I'm looking to pursue an FI setup with my current setup. I have a Heads/Cam WS6 making the power you see in the sig. The bottom-end is completely stock, however the valvetrain is built pretty well. (See page for full mod list)

I would like to add a D1SC making its standard 8 lbs. if possible, and I am well aware that I could run into some issues. I DO plan to build a forged bottom end next year, however I would like to run around with a procharger as much as possible for the rest of the year.

My main questions:

1. Obviously, I have more of an N/A setup right now with a F13 cam and Patriot heads at 59cc. Should I shy aware from a supercharged setup as I could have issues with my CR, rings, pistons, etc.?

2. Is my setup to incompatible as it sits for an FI addition. Would I be smarter to hold off next year until I can build a specific motor for boost?

I wouldn't be too upset if I put a procharger on my current setup and eventually melted the hell out of my rings and had to put the car away until i can build a motor. However, I would fear of anything catastrophic happening that would result in damaging the blower itself and setting me back a bunch of money just for a few months of unorganized fun.

Thoughts?
Old 06-09-2008, 01:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your raised compression with the 59cc heads wouldnt be ideal for a FI application. As far as the cam, I'm sure its not nearly the best for a stock ci blower car.

I'd still go for it, it'll be worth it in the long run. Sell the current H/C for a larger chamber head to lower the compression and add a blower speced cam. Install the procharger @8lbs....save for a forged engine and up the boost.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:14 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Yes, it's Procharge-able. Keep in mind an LS2 is at 10.9/1 and people run them at 8 psi without any problems. Bob
Old 06-09-2008, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Yes, it's Procharge-able. Keep in mind an LS2 is at 10.9/1 and people run them at 8 psi without any problems. Bob
hmm, interesting. I'm very glad you posted Bob, we may be in touch. Mind if I send you an e-mail with the specifics and we can go from there?
Old 06-10-2008, 07:24 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by WheelmanWS6
hmm, interesting. I'm very glad you posted Bob, we may be in touch. Mind if I send you an e-mail with the specifics and we can go from there?
Not at all, I'll be happy to help you out. Bob

Quick Reply: H/C LS1: Procharge-able?