Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What fuel setup for MPT-70 kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What fuel setup for MPT-70 kit?

Im just about ready to start purchasing my fuel setup for my build. The basic specs on the build:

DIY turbo kit with MPT-70
TH350/9"
Full weight SS
Meth inj will be added later when its time to up the boost

Ive decided that 60# injectors should be sufficient. Ive been leaning towards the racetronix fuel pump setup. What kind of power will that support? Will I need to upgrade the fuel lines? I know Ill need aftermarket fuel rails. I dont really have a dead set "power" goal, but should be hovering around 6xxrwhp give or take (keep in mind the stalled TH350 and a 9").

So what do you guys recommend as far as pump setups, fuel lines and the such for my application?
Old 06-29-2008, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im far from an expert but.. Dual walbro -6 feed line or -8. Regulator on the rails not in tank -6 or -8 return and a hot wire kit. I have the single walbro 255 and -6 feed of the stock lines edle brock rails with -6 lines and morton 60# ad at 7 psi im out of fuel x(
Old 06-29-2008, 11:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EvoByDarwin
Im just about ready to start purchasing my fuel setup for my build. The basic specs on the build:

DIY turbo kit with MPT-70
TH350/9"
Full weight SS
Meth inj will be added later when its time to up the boost

Ive decided that 60# injectors should be sufficient. Ive been leaning towards the racetronix fuel pump setup. What kind of power will that support? Will I need to upgrade the fuel lines? I know Ill need aftermarket fuel rails. I dont really have a dead set "power" goal, but should be hovering around 6xxrwhp give or take (keep in mind the stalled TH350 and a 9").

So what do you guys recommend as far as pump setups, fuel lines and the such for my application?
Stock cube engine? For 600WHP and below 60's should be fine for injectors. Aftermarket rails too. I'd recommend dual Walboro's to leave room to grow. I personally run a Racetronix 255 w/ hotwire kit, but I also have a return fuel system. I'd start w/ the dual walboros, rails, 60's and a pressue gauge and see how that runs. Making a return or boost referenced system isn't hard....but it'll cost $800 or so and no sense spending the coin if you don't need to. Just my $0.02

As for me.....just sold my turbo, so I now have the most overbuilt H/C car in the planet concerning fuel/tuning/rear-end, etc
Old 06-30-2008, 12:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Schantin
Stock cube engine? For 600WHP and below 60's should be fine for injectors. Aftermarket rails too. I'd recommend dual Walboro's to leave room to grow. I personally run a Racetronix 255 w/ hotwire kit, but I also have a return fuel system. I'd start w/ the dual walboros, rails, 60's and a pressue gauge and see how that runs. Making a return or boost referenced system isn't hard....but it'll cost $800 or so and no sense spending the coin if you don't need to. Just my $0.02

As for me.....just sold my turbo, so I now have the most overbuilt H/C car in the planet concerning fuel/tuning/rear-end, etc
Its a 393ci with 317 heads.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have a pump recommendation but I will say this, get more fuel system than you need.

Quick Reply: What fuel setup for MPT-70 kit?