Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

what to do? keep ls1 or not

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to do? keep ls1 or not

Hi there, im new to ls series blocks so bare with me...
I am going to purchase a 4th gen camaro and do either a single or doubble (havent decided yet) diy turbo setup on it. I am looking to make around 700-750rwhp to start with the possibility to move up to 800-850rwhp. Obviously I am going to pull my motor right off the bat and put all new forged internals in and all that fun stuff in. My question is... should I stick with the ls1 block and stroke it to a 383, or should I get a different block (ls2 or ls6) and stroke it to a 402? Is the ls1 a good enough block for the power levels im looking for or are the other block better? Any suggestions or info is greatly appreciated!

Ok, so after hitting the ol' search button for a couple hours I think I answered my own question. I think I am going to go with a 6.0 iron block (lq4 or lq9). I can get one for cheap and use all my parts from the ls1 thats in the car already.

Last edited by rubbersdown; 07-28-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:22 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even though you've decided to use an iron block, the LS1 aluminum block is plenty strong enough for your goals. Granted, you can make a 402-408 with an iron block for less money than what it takes to do the same with an LS2 block.
Here is a 347 that has handled a lot of torture.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=40 Bob