Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone with OFI kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone with OFI kit

Any of you guys who have received everything from OFI or at least your hot parts how is the quality? Was it what you expected? How is fitment? If you had any problems what were they?(this doesn't mean problems with customer service or receiving parts) I'm basically trying to find out if the OFI kit is something people want and are pulling back because of the customer service problems. If so, if there were another company to provide a similar package(either just hot parts or a complete package including turbo, rad, fans, etc) would there be enough people that want the kit to warrant the production?
Old 09-30-2008, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh boy.....
Old 09-30-2008, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol just read up on the problems if i was you i would take my business somewhere else then OFI
Old 09-30-2008, 12:29 AM
10 Second Club

Short answer is the quality itself is good. I was lucky to get my whole kit in the 6-8 week time frame. I think the major issue is the 9+ month wait or whatever is going on now. If I change my setup, I may have my brand new kit and S91 for sale, no wait . If you want some good hot part mock up pics, just search my user name.

Dan
Old 09-30-2008, 12:39 AM
TECH Regular

I don't think I made myself very clear. My interest isn't in buying an OFI kit. I want to know problems, concerns, complaints, etc to see what can be improved upon. I'm more interested in picking up the business that OFI is losing. Right now I'm trying to find out if the people who have their kits are satisfied with fitment, clearances, and what not. If there's enough interest I'll start putting one together as a trial.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by borninatransam
I don't think I made myself very clear. My interest isn't in buying an OFI kit. I want to know problems, concerns, complaints, etc to see what can be improved upon. I'm more interested in picking up the business that OFI is losing. Right now I'm trying to find out if the people who have their kits are satisfied with fitment, clearances, and what not. If there's enough interest I'll start putting one together as a trial.
Are you buying the company OFI? Or you will be copying OFI's kit?

If you're going to sell a shelf kit it will work but if you're going to ask for downpayment, it will be difficult.

Firehawk123, a member here, did a thread about his OFI's kit install and it was clean. The kit has great potential for power and is upgradable. Joel seems to be a master fabricator.

I like OFI's kit more than any kit that I saw before. Only problem is the unanticipated long wait.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by borninatransam
contact IB Adrian for sponsorship information.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=118691

Quick Reply: Anyone with OFI kit