Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

MagnaCharged L76 G8 GT Fuel Injector Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MagnaCharged L76 G8 GT Fuel Injector Recommendations

First post here guys and I could really use some advice on proper sized injectors for my application.

My G8 GT has the L76 with a MagnaCharger, ARH longtubes, and a Roto-Fab CAI. Right now the pulley is a 3.3 (roughly 6 PSI) however Friday I will be installing a 3.0 pulley which will put me right around 525 rwhp with the header/CAI combo.

I have decided to go with the FAST Precision-Flow injectors with the USCAR connectors, due to the fact that I want something that just drops in without any adaptors needed for a clean install.

With that in mind, I am between two sizes that have me on the fence. For the L76 in a shorty style, you can go with 50lbs or 65lbs @ 58 PSI. I have done the research and know that for my upcoming upgrade to the 3.0 pulley, I should be good with the 50lbs injectors; however there is no headroom left.

I am concerned about jumping clear up to the 65lbs FAST injectors unless they can actually be tuned for a vehicle that has the potential to become a daily driver if I want it to. If they can, I will have plenty of headroom left for the cam we are looking into doing in the future.

Can you give me any recommendations to whether or not you feel the 65lbs injectors can be tuned for drivability just as good as the 50lbs injectors?

Would you recommend the FAST Precision-Flow injectors?
Old 01-14-2009, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

A competent tuner can easily tune the 65 lb/hr injectors for perfect street manners. I would err on the side of slightly large just in case. Based on the calculation below you will need 52 lb/hr @ 3 bar injectors MINIMUM. Ultimately, power output, BSFC, and AFR will dictate injector sizing.

Just as a FOR YOUR INFORMATION, you should check with FICINJECTORS <sponsor> on injector prices, much more reasonable than FAST and you get the same injectors. You will be pleasantly surprised with the pricing and service.

Here's the calculation:

Old 01-14-2009, 01:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot. I will definitely contact FICINJECTORS.

I was definitely leaning towards the 60 to 65 area, but just wanted some clarification on the tuning of them.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: MagnaCharged L76 G8 GT Fuel Injector Recommendations