Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Check out my new fuel cell...pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Check out my new fuel cell...pics inside

Well, some of you may have realized that I have not posted much about my progress over the last week or so. I have been working on trying to get my fuel system finalized. I installed a bosch 044 in the factory tank and it worked for a while and then apprently it made so much pressure it eventually cracked the plastic outlet on the housing and caused fuel to leak. I then decided I had enough with the crummy 03-up FFS bull and pulled both tanks and started over from scratch....here is what I have done so far. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

I ordered up this nice little bulkhead from Jegs and it has a -10 feed, -8 return and rollover vent built in....

Fabbed up cell and I am going to be filling it with foam...

Feeding it all with -10 Y'ed to -8 to -8 up to rails using this stuff...

Using 2 Bosch 044 pumps

Here is what it looks like down in the trunk cavity before and after....

Old 05-08-2009, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

why two bosch pumps pump? and not one "good" pump? or should I say a pump with enough to handle the power alone?

and if your worried about heating fuel and what not, then there are pumps out there that can run off a 5 volt reference that go down to min speed...

I am only saying this because I have just got done ordering all my parts for my new fuel system, and I took a lot of time planning and looking around for the right parts. I cant really talk much about the pump I am talking about because i dont want to catch **** for them not being a sponser.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no worries...i just have these pumps laying around and I used them in my last setup and they worked well. I may go with a magnafuel later though.