Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

will stock regulator work?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will stock regulator work?

i have a 96 lt1 with a build motor. I am puttin in 38lbs/ hr injectors, cuz the stock 24 lbs/ hr injectors arnt enough and want to know it the stock fuel pressure regular will be enough... im pretty sure it isnt (think is only 25-30psi regulator) and i cant find any specs on it..im needin about 40-50 psi regulator... anybody know the spec on it or know that if it wont work were to get a regulator that will work that is 150 bucks? (looking for like 80 bucks or less and Areomotive is way to expensive for what i got).. thanks
Old 05-15-2009, 11:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your stock FPR on the back of the fuel rails should put out 43.5 psi at WOT, and when idling it should drop 3-4 psi. WOT throttle can be similated in the garage by removing the vacuum line from the top of the regulator.
These are ballpark figures, of course, YMMV, but there should be a difference between the two states.
The Aeromotive you are looking at is probably the adjustable model, for those wanting to squeeze the last possible amount of fuel out of the injectors by raising the pressure.
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge, even a portable one, that you could take some readings with?
If so, record them and post in this thread.