Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix. Few questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 02:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Racetronix. Few questions

I am finaly starting to install my racetronix fuel system.

What is the diffirent between racetronix and the standart walbro unit?

Any good writeups on a 98 install?

Best regards!
Old 06-19-2009, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

racetronix gives you the walbro pump but its in a cnc housing that slips right into stock location, if you buy just the walbro pump you have to strap it to the metal, and most come with a rubber hose that can kink because the assembly is spring loaded, the racetronix has a factory style hose, kinda looks like a big bendy straw, very good quality, it has literally everything you need down to a paperclip to repin the harness in the tank, the wireing harness is basically the same idea, i mean, its just a wiring harnes, but i think there the same price as everyone elses, so i bought mine from them too.

someone did this on a 98 and posted pics, it should still be in the fueling section, it was posted only a few weeks ago, hope this helps!
Old 06-19-2009, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man,

one thing.. there was one cable that came with the set, on the other end of it there says negative battery, and on the other side it says ground/chassis?? that does not make any sense to me
Old 06-19-2009, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ohhh, i did that before i ever bought this kit, ok in an automotive electrical circuit, normally you only run a single positive wire to the item needing power, the said item is then grounded to the chasis, the chasis is then connected to the batery with a short piece of wire, the negetive electricity flows through the chasis to every ground, make sense?

you should have a wire that comes from the negetive side of your batery and is bolted to the metal right above the battery, im trying to remember what mine used to look like so bear with me, anyway, that short wire goes from your negetive side of the batery up to that ground screw on the metal above the front tire, you should see what im talking about... doing that mod will lower resistance in the line alot, which will help your pump run even better