Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pressure probs, won't start

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Pressure probs, won't start

My fp gauge readings and no start issue has me lost. Originally, car began backfiring & rough starting while backing out the driveway one day. Eventually, it wouldn't start at all. Pillar FP gauge displayed 0 fuel pressure and wouldn't move with key on nor when trying to start.

Eventually replaced fuel pump, filter, fuel pump relay, fpr. Pillar guage (supercharged setup) shows 31psi and stays when trying to start. Car just turns over. Occasionally it will fire for a quick second but just die or continue to turn over. Used a FP test gauge with key on, shows 32psi, pillar gauge shows 0psi. Checked injectors for leaks, no injectors are leaking. Checked new fpr for leaks, none.

I even replaced the opti, swapped coil and ICM, new coil wire. Even tried to swap obd1 comp with spare obd2 ecu used for smog, Still no start. Best is a quick idle then it dies.

Today, I was able to get 20psi from FP test gauge, rose slowly to about 35psi while trying to start. Still doesn't fire up though and pressure dropped right back to 0. Pillar gauge shows 30-35psi while attempting to start.

Things that were changed prior to problems were braided fuel lines from rail to hard lines under driver seat (I don't see/feel any leaks). Drove that way fine for at least a few hundred miles.

LT1 355, M6, obd1 swap, vortech s-trim, bolt-ons, stock ported heads, mild cam, 42lb inj...

Last edited by Evaporate; 06-29-2009 at 07:23 PM.