Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Tuning for 79# or 80# high impedence injectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 09:51 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question Tuning for 79# or 80# high impedence injectors

Whats the scoop here? Are the newer SMP 79# or the Deka 80# injectors really that much of a PITA to tune? I did a search, but all the info out there seems to be older than the injectors have really been around, and I can't find any real world reviews of tuning, only speculation that they would be horrible to tune. What gives? I don't really feel much like purchasing a $400 driver box to run low impedance injectors. Especially since there are high impedance injectors out there on the market that are the flow rate I need. I mean, why would they even make high impedance injectors that big if they were impossible to tune? I just sold my 60# injectors and need to decide what to buy now. Please help. I'd like to hear some reviews from people with actual tuning experience with these specific high impedance injectors.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pm sent
Old 07-05-2009, 11:23 AM
FormerVendor

I have tuned about 6 sets of them. They work VERY well and tune just as easily as the 60s (though the short pulse stuff is not the same).
Old 07-06-2009, 08:16 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Come on, theres gotta be some more people with experience in here with these injectors! Lets hear your reviews. I'm honestly trying to find a single bad review of this particular deka 80# injector..
Old 07-06-2009, 08:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
Come on, theres gotta be some more people with experience in here with these injectors! Lets hear your reviews. I'm honestly trying to find a single bad review of this particular deka 80# injector..
we sold a ton of these on this forum. come on guys! But, honestly we have no complaints.. If you need a reference call Cory Henderson from Henderson performance he uses them in is personal car.
http://www.hendersonperformance.com/