Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel pump issues :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Fuel pump issues :(

I am just about done swapping the ls1 into my v6 and im having troubles. I had to fully replace the tank/wires/ everything from the v8 to the v6. Ive checked all the wiring and everything is connected. IDK WHAT TO DO AT THIS POINT. Im so fing pissed

So I had the car running last week for around 10 minutes. Just sitting there. Shut the car off. Tried to turn it back on and the fuel pump doesnt turn on. Zero fuel pressure. Nothing

Few days later I go to show one of my friends the fuel pressure gauge at zero and it says 25psi or something. So I start the car, goes right to 45. Fires right up. was running for a few days but I figured it would be better to just change the fuel pump incase I was out some place and it does go bad for good.

So today I did the access hole in the hatch, very very carful. didnt cut any lines or wires. Well Befor I did any of that I DID start the car with the old pump. Turned the car off disconnected the battery. drained the pressure from the line. and pulled the old fuel pump. Installed the "new" one in revers order and went to fire it up. NOTHING, No fuel pump sound, NO fuel pressure. Gauges read the fuel level correct. So i plug the old one back in and I still get nothing. IM so confused IDK what could be the problem
Old 07-11-2009, 09:23 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Inetrmittent problems are generally associated with a bad connection or relay.

I would verify all connections from the ECM, relay & to the pump.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem was in the connection to the main harness under the dash, thanks for your help