Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Question about fuel problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about fuel problem

I am having some difficulties at different times starting my car. I have a 2000 T/A and sometimes when I turn the ignition to start it will just crank but not fire up. This problem does not happen all of the time but is starting to happen more frequently. It also seems like when it is hotter outside or after the car gets hot this problem happens.
I was wondering if it could be an issue with the fuel pump? I can hear the fuel pump come on majority of the time when I turn the ignition and sometimes I cant hear anything.
If it is the fuel pump, would it be easier and possible to install a inline fuel pump and just leave the existing fuel pump in the tank?
Old 07-13-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

put a fuel pressure gauge on it to see what youve got. and an inline is not a good idea, a racetronix with the hotwire kit is the best option.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Teching In

I checked the fuel pressure and when running it is holding around 58 psi. When I turn the key on without starting the pressure goes up to 58-60 then slowly drops (is that normal).
Could the the fuel pump be the issue?
I have been looking around and seeing that people with similar issues are finding out the it could be either the crank position sensor or the fuel regulator. Could these be the problem or could it be something else?
I am at a loss and any help would really be helpful!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

im having the same problem with my 2000 Z28. Starts every morning, but after it gets warm doesnt want to start sometimes. Been going on for a couple months. Dont want to start buying parts untill I know for sure what it is. Will be checking in on this one. PM me if you figure it out please.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Found out it was the ignition relay. Replaced it and everything is fine now.
Hope this helps out snakeeater03.