Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

What pump and injectors for a head/cam ls1 running E85?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What pump and injectors for a head/cam ls1 running E85?

I am about to switch over to E85 and would like to know if 42lb injectors will be sufficient? Also what 42lb injectors will be easiest to tune and will be a direct replacement for the stockers? I am also still on the stock fuel pump, I assume I will need to upgrade. What pump is affordable, sufficient for my setup, and will be a direct drop in. Anything else I will need besides a tune? My car is an 00 WS6, full bolt on, 228/234 cam and will eventually get some heads.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Considering heads and cam making about 430-450rwhp you will be on the edge of direct replacement and what the 42#injectors vcan provide but if you do not go much more than that . You need a Racetronix PnP pump with wireharness and the 42#ers will be good. Give me a calll i will set you up.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll let you know how I turn out with the racetronix kit on the 6.2 w/ 42's. Again, it's on the upper end... But believe if we are really close we can increase the pressure slightly.. maybe 65-70 to help out if it becomes a problem. If we still fail, I'll be looking at new injectors as well. stay tuned. I'd think the racetronix kit will help you out even if you don't switch to e85. Once you get your heads on you could be pushing that 425 rwhp mark and really making a walbro 255 aftermarket sweat... now imagine what your stock pump is gonna do.... The kit is pretty cheap. Buy one and throw it on some rainy weekend, or this winter.

Quick Reply: What pump and injectors for a head/cam ls1 running E85?