Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel pressure issues...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pressure issues...

I have a 2000 Trans Am with a vortech supercharger putting out 6 lbs of boost. I just bought the car and was told it needed a new fuel pump so because the fuel pressure dropped from about 54 at idle to 45 under WOT. I bought a racetronix pump with a hotwire kit and now I am still getting the same problem. The car runs very strong and pulls hard...no hesitation or sputtering is going on. I was told I do not need a boost reference regulator due to the fact that I am not putting out that much boost. I am going to replace the fuel filter this week but I do not think that is the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Resident

a boost reference regulator? uhhhh... so you have replaced the pump & wires and installed it, then the pressure is still dropping under WOT??

how much power are you making?

there is a gremlin in there somewhere....I have done the STS kit and I'm soon to be at 7.5psi (was at 5psi) and I have done the racetronix PnP kit w/harness along with 42# injectors and I have no problems.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What was the fuel pump that supposedly that had gone bad?
Old 08-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Staging Lane

The pump that I took out and replaced was the stock pump. I am making about 470 RWHP. What was that weird response about the regulator for?
Old 08-02-2009, 12:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the regulator response was due to the fact that it is not needed at your moderate power level.

Did you verify the filter was not clogged & also verify a fuel line is not crimped or kinked somewhere?