Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

No Fuel Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 09:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No Fuel Pressure

I just had a cam swap done on my Firehawk (LS1). I did 42lb green tops at the time. After it was done the shop that did it said the fuel pump was going bad. No big deal if it needs it put it in. They did a Walbro 255. I picked it up drove it about an hour home and it was fine. Shut the car off to wash it, wouldnt start back up. I dont have a fuel Pressure gauge but I would take the cap off the fuel rail and had NO FUEL coming out if I pushed in the sharder with the key on. I couldnt hear the pump coming on also. I let it set in the garage over night and next morning, hit the key, hear the pump, starts It was fine. I drove it about 3 days and now it wont run again. This time It will start but it wont run. If I try to give it any gas, it just falls on its face and dies..still no fuel pressure either..Sometimes I hear the pump and others I dont. I thought maybe my gas guage was off..got some gas from town..still nothing.

Also thought that a ground issure with pump, put a new relay, Im lost..I havent pulled the tank to check anything, I just spent a **** ton of money with these people, they can fix it ya know..
Old 08-12-2009, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The rubber hose or the wires prob came off the pump.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:44 AM

When you turn the key on can you hear the pump?
Old 08-12-2009, 10:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joshctr1
When you turn the key on can you hear the pump?
Found the problem..I keep busting the hose on the pump. Its done it twice now..tryed a different style hose this time to see if that changes it..
Old 08-19-2009, 01:18 AM
Teching In

Default same exact problem

I have a 2000 TA and have the same exact problem, the car started up and ran fine, after about 3-5 minutes it just fell on its face and died, so I started it back up and it died again. It would only run if I pumped the petal but if I let all the way off or was all the way on, it died and the exhaust got extremely hot (motor was just a hair over half) which I am guessing it was running lean.
I was thinking the fuel pump also, but you can hear it running, but I am only getting just a trickle of gas out of the schrader valve and nothing out of the valve marked "warning fuel" on the hose right next to the schrader valve that are wrapped in aluminum foil looking wrap.
You said on yours it was the hose on the pump that burst. Is there anyway to get to it to check without dropping the exhaust and tank?

Thanks
Old 08-19-2009, 04:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by muttleys2000whiteTA
I have a 2000 TA and have the same exact problem, the car started up and ran fine, after about 3-5 minutes it just fell on its face and died, so I started it back up and it died again. It would only run if I pumped the petal but if I let all the way off or was all the way on, it died and the exhaust got extremely hot (motor was just a hair over half) which I am guessing it was running lean.
I was thinking the fuel pump also, but you can hear it running, but I am only getting just a trickle of gas out of the schrader valve and nothing out of the valve marked "warning fuel" on the hose right next to the schrader valve that are wrapped in aluminum foil looking wrap.
You said on yours it was the hose on the pump that burst. Is there anyway to get to it to check without dropping the exhaust and tank?

Thanks
u can do it form up top just cut a trapped door but make sure u dont hit any wires or fuel lines.