Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

problem still there...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default problem still there...

Well the car is a 2002 ss A4, mods in sig. Ok well heres the problem, the car will run great for a few days and then randomly just dump a lot of fuel and gets pig rich and cannot move out of its own way. It does eventually after drving around like that for a little way go back to drving great for a few more days then goes right back to the problem. I replaced my slp maf with the truck maf and had it retuned last week, the maf was a problem becasue ran alot better but the intermittent problem came right back 2 days later. From what my tuner sees its not an injector doing this, they are brand new 42 pound racetronix injectors and i already replaced the ECT sensor and like i started before, the maf. i've posted this before but to get some things out the way, the car is effected at WOT so i think the means it cant be the O2s.

It doesnt bring up a check engine light but i looked to see if there were any codes and i found a P0102 code which is MAF low circuit. MAF itself is a brand new 85mm Delphi and i checked the wire leading to it and that seemed ok as well. any ideas?
Old 08-19-2009, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

any ideas guys???
Old 08-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

MAP sensor. It's less obvious on a car tuned with a MAF but it still will make it run rough and act intermitant. It could be leaking around the rubber nipple or it could be going bad.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:14 PM
11 Second Club

Just recently thou i took care of the MAP sensor problem that a lot of these FAST intakes, Most use RTV and thats what i did