Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Waaay too much fuel pressure after engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waaay too much fuel pressure after engine swap

I wasn't sure if this belonged here or in conversions, so i picked here.

I have a 99 Firebird that i'm trying to finish up swapping a 98 LS1 into.

When i prime the fuel system, I'm reading 70psi on my fuel pressure gauge. At idle i'm seeing 90 psi...

I'm at my wit's end and am convinced it's something stupid and easy that i'm just overlooking. The engine is completely stock minus a set of TSP Longtubes and an LS6 PCV conversion. The in-tank fuel pickup was replaced with one off of an 00 SS so that i'd have the fuel pressure regulator. I'm still using the 99 v6 fuel lines, but i believe lines should be the same size.

I've considered swapping to a vette LS1 fuel rail to utilize my return line again and get the FPR up on the fuel rail again. I still have my v6 pump assembly with a racetronix pump that i can swap back in.

Any ideas at all? I'm stumped and really want to drive my car again. It's been two years since the last time.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Grimm
I wasn't sure if this belonged here or in conversions, so i picked here.

I have a 99 Firebird that i'm trying to finish up swapping a 98 LS1 into.

When i prime the fuel system, I'm reading 70psi on my fuel pressure gauge. At idle i'm seeing 90 psi...

I'm at my wit's end and am convinced it's something stupid and easy that i'm just overlooking. The engine is completely stock minus a set of TSP Longtubes and an LS6 PCV conversion. The in-tank fuel pickup was replaced with one off of an 00 SS so that i'd have the fuel pressure regulator. I'm still using the 99 v6 fuel lines, but i believe lines should be the same size.

I've considered swapping to a vette LS1 fuel rail to utilize my return line again and get the FPR up on the fuel rail again. I still have my v6 pump assembly with a racetronix pump that i can swap back in.

Any ideas at all? I'm stumped and really want to drive my car again. It's been two years since the last time.
what ever came of this?
Old 11-02-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think he needs 99 interior harness with speedo cluster, v-8 pump assembly (built-in) regulator
Old 11-02-2011, 09:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The V6 car has a front engine mounted regulator & the V8 has a reg in the tank. You have eliminated the factory regulator & are deadheading the Racetronix pump. It will soon fail if you do not fix your regulator issue.

You ether need a return line & front mount regulator or a V8 sender & V8 lines.

Quick Reply: Waaay too much fuel pressure after engine swap