Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Broken injector part, is this an issue?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Broken injector part, is this an issue?

I ordered a vette fuel rail with injectors off of ebay. I had them shipped to a relatives house in the states, the rails and o-rings and all of that is in good condition. However my relative said that at the bottom there is this brown/orange plastic thing that sorta looks like a seat. On a few of the injectors this part is chipped or broken. Is this an issue? Is there a quick fix to this?
Old 12-28-2009, 07:17 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by battsup
I ordered a vette fuel rail with injectors off of ebay. I had them shipped to a relatives house in the states, the rails and o-rings and all of that is in good condition. However my relative said that at the bottom there is this brown/orange plastic thing that sorta looks like a seat. On a few of the injectors this part is chipped or broken. Is this an issue? Is there a quick fix to this?
if they are the grey ls1 injector we sell the new part you need. They hold the o ring on the bottom and insulate the o ring from drying and cracking from the heated air inside the intake. You can put them on yourself.. they are 2.00 each
If you don't replace them you could get a vac leak from the injector not sealing when the o ring starts to corrode
Old 12-29-2009, 01:56 AM
On The Tree

Hey FIC, thanks for the quick response. Yes the injectors are the stock gray LS1 injectors. The part you are describing seems to be what I need. I tried searching all over your website but couldn't find the part listed anywhere. I checked the LS1 section as well as the rebuild kits sections as well, can you tell me what the part is called or direct me to where I can find them on your site?
Old 12-29-2009, 10:04 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by battsup
Hey FIC, thanks for the quick response. Yes the injectors are the stock gray LS1 injectors. The part you are describing seems to be what I need. I tried searching all over your website but couldn't find the part listed anywhere. I checked the LS1 section as well as the rebuild kits sections as well, can you tell me what the part is called or direct me to where I can find them on your site?
here ya go
http://fuelinjectorconnection.com/sh...&productId=230

Quick Reply: Broken injector part, is this an issue?