Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel for LQ9 swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel for LQ9 swap

Im putting an LQ9 in my 86 F150, so i plan on replacing the stock intank pump to run the LQ9 and im sure 25 year old fuel injection is not up to par with a 2003 LQ9. The original motor in the truck was a 5.0.

The LQ9 is stock and i plan to keep it that way for now, a cam upgrade in the future.

Would a walbro 255 pump be enough? I got the stock thing that goes on the the fuel rails with the motor, has 3 lines, 2 that connect to the fuel rail then 1 im not sure what its for, but it looks like it was broken off anyways, i think its an evap line.

I heard that i could get a Corvette fuel filter/regulator combo deal that i can just run my stock fuel line too, then probably new line from the regulator to the fuel rails, then a return off of the regulator into the tank. Is this correct? if so what fitting and what type of line should i run? Where can all this be purchased? Never messed with chevy motors before so its all new to me. I appreciate all the help.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:28 AM
FormerVendor

Your fuel rails have 2 lines into them? One is a 3/8" they other a 5/16" fitting. The regulator is built into the rails just need a feed and a return line up to the motor. The Walbro pump will be fine for the LQ9. If you have a single in to the rails you will need the Corvette filter/regulator setup.

Give me a call Iwill help you get it straight and can get you the factory style fittings to make it all work.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Sounds good, saving your info now. When i get close to starting this i will give you a call. I have just 1 line running to my fuel rails. So i will probably go with the corvette regulator and run a return back into the tank.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:33 AM
Teching In

Hi, I'm installing an LQ9 into my 1972 Blazer

My question is about the regulator on the fuel rail.
Is that all I need to regulate fuel from my in-line pump and filter? Or do I need an additional regulator and what pressure will I need to supply to the rails at WOT? ( Stock LQ9 )

Thank you,

Quick Reply: Fuel for LQ9 swap