Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Question about fueling

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about fueling

Ok, so there is a black thing that runs off the fuel line and has a line that connects to the intake manifold on an ls1 and I was wondering what it is and what it does? It is right under the fuel rail and has a fuel line going into it.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

Is it like a canister looking thing? If so its the evap. Heres what it does:
An evaporative canister is part of the evaporative system that is within the emission system. Hydrocarbons are a form of pollution that gasoline releases as it evaporates or after is is burned. While fuel is stored inside the tank, fumes build up and are retained inside this canister. The canister contains charcoal that absorbs the hydrocarbons. When the engine is started, a valve opens that allows fresh air to come in and purge the fumes (hydrocarbons) into the air intake and then into the combustion chamber for burning.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:38 AM
Launching!

Ok, well here is the issue, I put a new engine in my car and I was reinstalling my vortech blower and it smashed the evap and broke one of the lines off and the car won't start now and I am wondering if that is the reason it won't start or it's something else?