Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

2001 LM7 fuel rail connectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 LM7 fuel rail connectors

Hey everyone... newbie here. I did search the forum for this, but didn't find anything, hence the post here.

I'm putting a 2001 LM7 into my 82 CJ-7 and am about to start working on the fuel delivery system. I have decided on the pump I'm going to use but I don't know what kind of connectors I am supposed to use on the fuel rails. luckily with the 2001 LM7 there is what appear to be a receive rail and a return rail, so I can re-route the return to the tank (which happens to be there already on my CJ) .

My question is, what are the connectors called that I need to look for for the rails? I know there is supposed to be 50-60psi on the receive rail so I can't simply put a high pressure hose and clamp on it...it has a barb of some sort so I'm sure its a specific fitting. I've read somewhere that they call it an "AN-6" fitting, but when I went to my local auto parts store and asked them they looked at me like I was smoking crak... so, anyone got some advice for a brother?

I posted in the Gen III discussion and was referred here. I got a link from Aeromotive, and that's great...but I just want to know for sure what the connections are named on the stock fuel rail from a 2001 LM7 that came out of a suburban. Also, any recommendations on where to get braided fuel line for this setup, I want to run braided line from the in line fuel pump (located on the frame rail) all the way to the fuel rail, and then from the fuel rail down to the stainless return line right below my gas pedal (to make it look sharp)

TIA!

Quick Reply: 2001 LM7 fuel rail connectors