Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Intake manifold build up

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake manifold build up

I have a 99 vette ls1 intake manifold that was given to me as a replacement b/c the one on the motor had a crack in the top of it from them pulling the motor. My question is... What's the best way to remove the gunk from the intake manifold? I've tried: throttle body cleaner,brake cleaner,carb n choke cleaner and also soaking and submerging it in hot dish detergent n degreaser mixed with water in a large plastic tote. Nothing seams to be working!!! I'm not doing any mods at this point so I don't want to buy an aftermarket manifold. Just wondering if it's best to buy a new factory manifold or just slap this one on? But it doesn't seam safe by the way it looks. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 06-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id say do the degreaser thing and while its submerged get to what you can with a toothbrush or something and that should take care of a chunk of it
Old 06-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah that's what I did n then pressure washed it. After it dries I will see what it looks lime internally.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that should take car of the biggest part honestly. thats what we did to clean an intake and it worked fine