Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

do i need bigger injectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 01:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do i need bigger injectors

I am almost ready for my sts t-70 set up and I was told the stock injectors will handle 5lbs but in order for me to dial it up in the future say 10lbs would I need to upgrade if so what size? And I don't plan on going passed 10lbs for a long Time so if I do need to upgrade don't need overkill size but any input will be appreciated thanks
Old 06-28-2011, 10:05 AM
TECH Resident

5lbs... no way. you will make 450hp at that if not more. Those stock injectors will be well beyond their limits.

Grab you some 42# or larger injectors. I recommend some 50# or 60# from FIC injectors (sponsor) and they will give you the data you or your tuner needs in order to get them running correctly.

I also recommend running a fuel pressure regulator.
Reason being when you boost a car, you actually push against the injector so the actual injected fuel pressure is less.
5 Lbs boost, 58psi fuel pressure - 5psi = 53psi actual injected pressure. The injector must then have enough flow at that 53psi to provide the fuel you need.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:22 AM
Teching In

Only reason I asked was cuz a friend of mine on his set up which has way more than mine made 440hp and was told I could use stock injectors up to 450 and my friend had 42# and was hitting about 12lbs and was maxed out on his but I am only hoping for 5lbs and only wanted to upgrade if need be so I guess I will be looking into it now and also the regulator b4 I try anything at least ill have the things I need on hand if needed
Old 06-29-2011, 03:30 PM
TECH Resident

you will need a larger injector. The factory fuel pump (190 liter per hour) maxes out at 38# injectors.

this can be found in the fuel & injector sticky. So I suggest if you have not replaced your fuel pump, that while you are replacing your injectors you do the same with the fuel pump. very easy install, just time consuming.