Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

03 chevy 3500 6.0L p0200 injector circuit malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 chevy 3500 6.0L p0200 injector circuit malfunction

Hi
I am new to this forum. I have a 2003 chevy express 3500 6.0L and the check engine light came on. It shows up with P0200 injector circuit malfunction. The injector has power but no Pulse. I went through every thing possible. I checked the PCM and its has power out to the injectors. The coil is good Sark plugs and wires are also new. I realy dont know what to do at this point. any advise or help will be appreciated
Old 08-25-2011, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was able to trace the problem, it's the no# 7 injector that's not getting any pulse. I hooked up the pulse tool and that's the only injector that's not getting any pulse on it. check all the wires and everything looks good.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Some ideas:
If you have battery voltage fed to each injector harness, then the next step is to get a noid light to check for injector driver operation. A noid light will insert into the injector harness in place of the fuel injector and flash rapidly when the injector driver operates. Check each fuel injector connector. If the noid light flashes rapidly then suspect the injector. Ohm each fuel injector if you have a resistance specification. If the injector is open or the resistance is higher or lower than the spec, replace the fuel injector. If the injector tests out, the problem is likely an intermittent wiring problem. (Remember that a fuel injector can work properly when cold but go open when hot, or vice versa. So it's best to do these checks when the problem is occurring). Check the wiring harness for any chafing, or the injector connector for loose pins or a broken lock. Repair as necessary and retest. Now, if the noid light doesn't flash, then there's a problem with the driver or the driver circuit. Unplug the PCM connector and ohm the fuel injector driver circuits. Any resistance means there's a problem. Infinite resistance points to an open in the circuit. Find it and repair it, then retest. If you can find no problem with the harness and there is no fuel injector driver operation, then check the PCM powers and grounds. If they are okay, the PCM may be at fault.

Quick Reply: 03 chevy 3500 6.0L p0200 injector circuit malfunction