Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting issues

I have a 94 z28 with 383 stroker,cc306 cam, pacesetter longtube headers trickflow 195cc heads. I was driving on the freeway when my car jerked a ill bit then shut off I hurried and tried to restart it and all it did crank and I gave it a ill throttle and it fired up then seconds later it did the same thing again and shut off I tried givin it throttle to start but no luck so I thought maybe my distributor went out so I bought another one installed it and no luck so I put the old one back on and it fired up so I'm thinking I bought a bad distributor I tired the new one again it fired up and back fired and shut off on its own then I tried to start it again nothing happened so I went back to the old distributor no luck with this one now then a few hrs later it cranks and fires up no problems I let it run for a few mins then shut it off then restarted it and it fired up with a lil throttle let run with no problems so I put the car back together and tried to start it and what do u know it wouldn't start on its own or with a ill throttle what do you think the problem would be some people said maybe the fuel pump mite be bad. Any suggestions anyone