Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Voltage boosters

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 04:42 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Default Voltage boosters

I see Kenne Bell, MSD and Procharger make such devices.

MSD and Procharger appear to be programmable to a degree although the sales blurb is very limited with actual information.

Kenne Bell sounds like a very very basic device switched via boost switch and nothing more. Not really what I'm after

Are any of them able to be controlled via a PWM output from the likes of a Motec or similar ?

I'd prefer to control/adjust the voltage increase from the ecu, rather than a simple switch. Either via a small boost/rpm map or perhaps even referencing the voltage increase to maintain fuel pressure by actually monitoring fuel pressure.

Are any of them suitable ?
Old 10-13-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

in my little circle we just throw a caspers volt booster on the car, cheaper and it throws more voltage to the whole car (injectors, ignition etc) not just the fuel pump.. and you can read the output in your logs.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
in my little circle we just throw a caspers volt booster on the car, cheaper and it throws more voltage to the whole car (injectors, ignition etc) not just the fuel pump.. and you can read the output in your logs.
+1 easy and fast install It adds 2 plus volts
Old 10-13-2011, 05:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

This is for a Subaru that will be making around 700bhp. It's fully loaded with extras etc so increasing voltage to the entire car isnt something I had considered

Just need something to give the current single pump a little help at maximum load. And it is only for short duration. Current pump is already under pressure at around 600bhp, but will be pushing that higher soon

Although the Caspers thing looks interesting. How can something so small and cheap handle the electrical loadings for the entire car ?
Or how does it even make the alternator put out more ?
Old 10-13-2011, 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Ya it plugs between tps and alternator harness and tells the alt to kick out 2 more volts over 70% tps
Old 10-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya it plugs between tps and alternator harness and tells the alt to kick out 2 more volts over 70% tps
with a new pump installed.....
would the voltage drop from the alternator at WOT cause the pump to "lay down" @ WOT?
if so, this would have caused more fuel pump replacements than needed?

Last edited by mred; 10-13-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Voltage boosters