Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Had racetronix pump installed... Problems!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had racetronix pump installed... Problems!!

Heres the dealio: I had the local shop drop the tank and change my fuel pump the right way with a racetronix mild upgrade kit. The first time I got it back after the fix I noticed it took a long time to start, I mentioned it to the mechanic he showed me on his gauge the car was losing it's pressure immediately after he turned the car off. He said the pump he had never heard of and that it seemingly had no check valve or a broken one. I left the shop (today) and about 15 miles later I tried getting on it a little, I gave it some good gas and all I heard was the exhaust. I could feel the car at first try get up and move, but a second later I could just hear my exhaust, the Rpms were going high but the car wasnt moving barely at all for how fast it should have been moving. I tested it out at various speeds and in gears 1 2 and 3 it does the same thing when under hard throttle. It's like the engine wants to go but it's starved for gas? Does this sound like my pump was faulty? What else could make my car do this? I did read a few other ppl with similar problems recently with their racetronix pumps, I talked to them and they say it's something gone wrong with the install and I dont know about that. Any help? Thanks
Old 11-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also when I was testing it I didn't manually put it in gears 1-3 I just got to that speed and tried it. I really feel like this is a faulty pump.. The car did sit a few months prior to this install, but I never had any transmission problems that is why I really don't think it's the trans. Plus if you ease into the gears the car runs fine.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Edx2x
Heres the dealio: I had the local shop drop the tank and change my fuel pump the right way with a racetronix mild upgrade kit. The first time I got it back after the fix I noticed it took a long time to start, I mentioned it to the mechanic he showed me on his gauge the car was losing it's pressure immediately after he turned the car off. He said the pump he had never heard of and that it seemingly had no check valve or a broken one. I left the shop (today) and about 15 miles later I tried getting on it a little, I gave it some good gas and all I heard was the exhaust. I could feel the car at first try get up and move, but a second later I could just hear my exhaust, the Rpms were going high but the car wasnt moving barely at all for how fast it should have been moving. I tested it out at various speeds and in gears 1 2 and 3 it does the same thing when under hard throttle. It's like the engine wants to go but it's starved for gas? Does this sound like my pump was faulty? What else could make my car do this? I did read a few other ppl with similar problems recently with their racetronix pumps, I talked to them and they say it's something gone wrong with the install and I dont know about that. Any help? Thanks
check your fuel presurre.