Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pressure and Fuel gauge

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pressure and Fuel gauge

I just bought a 2003 corvette Z06 with 104000 miles on the car. Car had great service records with it. I bought the car about 400 miles away and i was driving it home when all of a sudden the fuel gauage went from 3/4 full to E. The car still drove fine and kept going. I drove it like this for about 30 min. I then pulled into a gas station and topped the tank off. I started the car back and everything was fine again. Driving once again the gauge got to around 3/4 and then went to E. I knew i could make it home with the gas in the tank so i just kept going. All of a sudden the car died about an hour from home. as it came to a stop the read out in cluster said service charging system. I got out and checked fuel rail right away and no pressure. I check fuse and it was fine, swapped fuel relay out but nothing. Had to have the car towed home. Next day i checked again and fuel gauge came back and it was reading little less than half tank but no fuel pressure and did not hear pump kicking on. I also checked body ground harness in drivers front and it was spotless. I have been reading alot about people on here replacing the fuel pump but that still dosent solve the problem, and dont wanna start just throwing money at the car. Any Ideas? thanks