Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix question

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racetronix question

I need a new fuel pump and rather than buy a stock replacement I think I may as well upgrade the fuel pump now. My car is a stock 01 Z and the most it will probably ever see is longtubes and a stall. Maybe heads and cam far down the road.

Will the racetronix pump be overkill or will it be ok for this setup?

And second, I've known a few people that have had racetronix kits in the past, maybe 4 or 5 years ago, but they all have had problems with the pumps failing after 6 months or a year and they were told it was because they went below a half tank so the pump was not submerged in fuel. Do they still have this issue, or have they been fixed? I don't want to have to go to the gas station every other day for fear of my fuel pump going out on me.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Haven't heard about the failures, i'd be curious to hear more about this too as I have the Racetronix kit in my garage ready for a spring install. From what I've heard the stock pump is good for around 450rwhp, so if you plan on doing H/C it would be a good idea to upgrade now.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a Thread going looking for a pump also, I've read that they need to be at 1/4 tank or more. I'm trying to research Granatelli pumps for OEM replacement.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CogginBallz
I've known a few people that have had racetronix kits in the past, maybe 4 or 5 years ago, but they all have had problems with the pumps failing after 6 months or a year and they were told it was because they went below a half tank so the pump was not submerged in fuel. Do they still have this issue, or have they been fixed? I don't want to have to go to the gas station every other day for fear of my fuel pump going out on me.
The Racetronix pumps never had a problem with low fuel levels, not sure where you got that info from. The Ractronix kit is one of the few that actually retain the factory venturi system that keeps the bucket full of fuel.
People that install these in a drilled bucket cause their own problems.

These are the best, most direct fitting pump kits you can buy for your car.

FYI, you will likely regret buying the Granetelli kit. They are not a direct fit for this application & have failure prone rubber hoses in the kit.
The following users liked this post:
Racetronix (08-29-2023)