Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

First Start Up Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Start Up Questions

Tomorrow we should have our wiring harness done and I wanted to fire it up. Something we just thought of is will it start? I am running E85 and 160lb injectors. I don't think the car will fire up with gas or E85 with the factory pcm. I am only wanting to start it enough to get it up on a trailer, make sure it goes into gear, etc... and trailer it to the dyno shop to have it tuned.

Questions:

1. Should I just try to fire it up on gas or E85?
2. Take the pcm to the dyno shop and let them put a basic enough tune on it to fire it up? (3 hr round trip drive but I want to fire it tomorrow before the weather turns cold tomorrow night)

Thanks.

I just got my EFI live today but have no experience with it so I would rather do one of the two choices above.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Do #2 and then make sure to run it long enough to get it up to temp, get the cooling system burped, fix any leaks, etc. You want to be prepared, dyno time is expensive.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1NOVA
Do #2 and then make sure to run it long enough to get it up to temp, get the cooling system burped, fix any leaks, etc. You want to be prepared, dyno time is expensive.
Okay. Thanks. That was what I was planning to do. Check for leaks, make sure the car goes into gear, etc....