Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

wierd issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wierd issue

If this has been covered I'm sorry but my comp took a **** aswell and my old *** blackberry sucks!

Anyways. On my way home the other night and my car just shut off like I turned the key off. First thing I noticed is the gauges did a full sweep and then to zero. I got out and checked the rail for presure and no fuel came out of the valve. I cycled the pump and heard it engaging but again no fuel at the rail.

Further inspection showed no signs of any leaks. Next day I got my fuel presure tester and I had 60lbs and the dam thing fired up. After mutiple times of trying to get the car to act up I can't get it to show any signs of a fuel problem only thing that's going on with it now is on a cold start it will idle very low like 4- 500 rpm "still at 60lbs of presure" No cels or anything. Not even sure if its a fuel problem now. Any idea on where to go from here? Thought mayby the fatory reg wouldn't allow the fuel to get to injectors based on the pump cycling and no fuel coming out of the valve. Electical issue? Thanks for any and all opinions and ideas. Jim.