Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

need pump Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 07:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need pump Ideas

I have a s10 crew cab dually with a 5.3 ls1 intake all that crap. well the truck is bodydroped so I could not use the factory gas tank and just run a regulator. I had to run a fuel cell with an external pump.
Now the issue I am having:
A couple years ago I picked up an A1000 pump off of here. I probly put maybe 20 min of run time on it and the coil shorted out causing a direct ground on the hot terminal the friday of easter weekend. Well I was in a rush to get the truck running and didnt have time to wait on aeromotive to get back from easter vacation, so I called jegs up and ordered a new one. This pump seams like it is twise as loud as the older A1000 and reading the instructions It seems like they are not well suited for daily driving. It looks like I need some options on a more driver friendly external fuel pump. I have few performance add-ons now but do plan on twin turbos in the future. I have looked but I just have no clue what I am looking for. I know the lower pressure pumps for carbs, just not familiar with the higher pressure pumps.

Thanks for any help yall may be able to give. and a quick shot of the truck so yall can see what i am working on.