Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

No Fuel Pressure?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No Fuel Pressure?????

Hello all, I've been working on my car for the past few weeks trying to get it ready for the coming summer, but I'm now at a stand still. I installed a new oil pressure gauge on my car, and was going to start it to make sure all the connections were good to go, but my car wouldn't start. I have a fuel pressure gauge on my car as well, so I know there is no fuel pressure, and I can tell that the fuel pump is not running when I turn the key to on.

A little back ground on my car that may complicate things a little further. It has a vortech supercharger on it as well as a MSD boost a pump. It also has a walbro 255 fuel pump. I have checked all fuses and they all seem to be fine, even the fuses for the BAP, one locate on the unit, and one before the relay. I have tried to test for voltage at the pump connection, and I do not see any voltage. On the plug there are two purple wires, one red and one black. With a decent ground, I get 0 volts via the red cable, which I assume is the power. I'm not really sure how to check the relays to make sure they're fine, but I can't see a relay failing...seems like a very uncommon thing to happen. Could me BAP be bad? Is there any way to check to make sure?

When I tried starting the car for the first time I had a click, and all my power was lost, so I checked the battery, and the positive terminal was a little loose, so I tightened that down some. Then I had power again in the car.

Any one have any idea where I can start to diagnose this issue? Or even what I should trying doing? Any help would be great. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forgot to mention that it has the Racetronix Hotwire kit as well.

I guess I'll start checking relays when I have the chance. And I assume I can just bypass the hotwire kit and use my factory wiring to see if that's getting voltage.