Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

bad fuel

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad fuel

Just an informal thread. I have recently returned from deployment and when I got back I took the car cover off of my ride and went to fire it up to get it ready for terrorizing the town. It turned over for about 3 seconds only to backfire ONCE. Sounded like a shotgun went off. I spent 2 days going though all of the ignition troubleshooting to find that nothing was wrong. Eventually the car ran at an idle and the second I touched the throttle it would choke and die. I limped it to the shop to get my computer read (Most of my car stuff is still in storage) the only code being thrown was catalytic converter efficiency low. Ran a fuel pressure gauge on it and running at 65 psi. When I purged the gauge the fuel came out brown. So I opened the tank and sure enough, all of my fuel is brown. At the time I had a quarter tank of fuel. So I put a shot of fuel treatment in and put a half tank of super in to get this tank burned off. It is running ok now. It has major hesitation at WOT but daily driving is fine. In the morning I am going to pump all of the bad gas out and get a tank of super in there. SO, if you are having starting/idling/WOT problems and your car has been sitting for a while, check the gas.

Quick Reply: bad fuel