Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

INJECTOR SIZE ?'s FOR HIGH HP BUILD

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 11:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default INJECTOR SIZE ?'s FOR HIGH HP BUILD

I'm beginning to gather everything for my build. One of the next pieces to the puzzle is the injectors.
We're looking to make 1,300whp-ish with it on e85. I know I'm gonna' need a big injector. How big do I REALLY need? Is the ID2000 the end all be all of injectors? Is that the only injector large enough to get me where I want to be? FWIW, I'll be spraying meth, probably a lot, on top of the e85. Not sure if that will factor into the equation at all allowing for a slightly smaller (CHEAPER) injector. Are there any other companies making large, quality injectors, that are still easy to tune?

Thanks
Brandyn
Old 01-02-2013, 11:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on the base pressure you are wanting to run. With the larger injectors the base pressure will swing the flow ALOT. The Bosch 2000's is what I'd be looking at. Nothing special about those, anyone that gets Bosch injectors as a dealer can get them. Buy them from a reputable injector shop that flow matches their sets and you'll be good to go.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by James@ShorTuning
Depends on the base pressure you are wanting to run. With the larger injectors the base pressure will swing the flow ALOT. The Bosch 2000's is what I'd be looking at. Nothing special about those, anyone that gets Bosch injectors as a dealer can get them. Buy them from a reputable injector shop that flow matches their sets and you'll be good to go.
I never really thought about changing the pressure at all. I'm still new to all of this so let's just assume we'll run the normal 3 bar 43.5psi. Upon looking for the Bosch 2000's you've suggested, I've come across the FIC 2150's. From the very little reading I've done on them thus far, it seems that people have had great success with them. Do you have any experience with these, James? Thoughts? Suggestions?
They're the largest high impedence injector on the market, have a good spray pattern and atomization (FANTASTIC! I want to keep my tuner happy lol), and are $4-500 cheaper than ID2000's directly from FIC. I can live with that. Savings is savings and that's $400 I can spend elsewhere. Hell, my instructor at school can probably make a couple calls and get them even cheaper.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:15 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would run them. I've had good luck with both FIC and ID. One guy that comes to mind is Anthoney Peck. He's running them from FIC and e85 on a solid roller 40x cube turbo deal. He's been bottom 8's in his car with them. I plan on stepping mine up to them if/when I switch to corn fuel.

I would say the Bosch 160's but they won't do you any good at that power level. I've got a stock 5.3l on 160's running 17psi and those injectors are at upper 70's duty cycle and he's only at mid 600's on my dyno.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:53 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by James@ShorTuning
I would run them. I've had good luck with both FIC and ID. One guy that comes to mind is Anthoney Peck. He's running them from FIC and e85 on a solid roller 40x cube turbo deal. He's been bottom 8's in his car with them. I plan on stepping mine up to them if/when I switch to corn fuel.

I would say the Bosch 160's but they won't do you any good at that power level. I've got a stock 5.3l on 160's running 17psi and those injectors are at upper 70's duty cycle and he's only at mid 600's on my dyno.
Super! That's what I like to hear!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:15 AM
I need a gauge for that

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I wanted injectors that large I would look into the billet atomizers.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Atomic
If I wanted injectors that large I would look into the billet atomizers.
Any reason as to why?

Quick Reply: INJECTOR SIZE ?'s FOR HIGH HP BUILD