Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

msd ls wiredless efi

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 08:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default msd ls wiredless efi

Just wanted to here peoples opionions thoughts and concerns on the new msd ls wiredless efi setup. Its a lil bit expensive i think. Looks like a good idea for just a simple ls swap but what about custom builds and mods to the motors? Is it just as easy to tune this setup versus the other ways as far as getting optimum performance out of it?
Old 04-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been building a custom setup using an Edelbrock 7118 dual plane intake converted to EFI. I drilled and welded in bungs(at the proper angles) to work with the MSD Wiredless setup. I have the intake all set and mocked everything in place. Using a FAST 4bbl throttle body as I believe all the sensors are compatible with the MSD.

My impressions after installing it..... IMO wiredless is really not wiredless. It has many extra adapters for use with the different 24/58x 4/1x, CAN connectors, etc ... The appearance suffers from the bulky connectors. You should use a straight edge to make certain the brackets that retain the rails are level. Quality of everything is good.

I'm not sure I would go this way again. The system does eliminate a controller for the ignition if you are going aftermarket. I think I might try the FAST MPI kit 302000 and the GM front distributor drive next time. The reason I attempted this setup was I wanted to keep the Muscle Car look of a carburetor with an air cleaner. I don't mind the individual coils as it lets people know something is different and makes them stop and look the car over.

Quick Reply: msd ls wiredless efi