Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

late model 4.6 injectors in 5.3

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 02:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default late model 4.6 injectors in 5.3

Ok this is something i have been researching for awhile and finally pulled the trigger and tried it. Didn't want to post up about it until I had results. But i want to offer other budget 5.3 guys an alternative for injectors.

You CAN use late model 4.6 injectors. I found they are cheaper than ls injectors for some reason (I got my 72's for $270 shipped). O ring diameters are the same, and the do plug up. They are around 1/2" taller though, same as with the ls1 injectors. I used a spacer and longer bolts and reused my stock rails. they clipped into the rails like the stockers, and so far no signs of any leaking from the intake end.

The only thing I am still iffy on is the plugs. while the 5.3 is supposed to use an "ev6" connector, and the 4.6 does also, they seem to be a different style. The connectors themselves plug up, but the locking mechanism on the side is a little different. I am trying to find a way around that. They feel fairly secure, but I would still rather have the assurance of them locking on. Otherwise, for the cost difference I am very happy with the fitment and not having to scab in some plug adapters, or cut and re-solder the pigtails. Just something I thought I would share if anyone else was wondering
Old 06-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the LS truck motors use Delphi style short injectors. EV1 and EV6 injecors share the same injector bodies but different plug styles...some 4.6's used ev1 injectors..

Quick Reply: late model 4.6 injectors in 5.3