Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

94 V6 to LS Swap Fuel system.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 06:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 V6 to LS Swap Fuel system.

Hey Guys,

Just gutted my '94 V6 camaro and im looking for an LS. I'm also trying to decide what type of fuel system to use. This car is gettin' a 9" with a spool and a Th400, this is not a daily, and barely a street car, but will be registered. Initially i wanted to go LS carb for simplicity, budget, and overall because its awesome. If i were to try to swap over an LS/LQ fuel system over, should i try to utilize the in-tank style pump and return-style system with a modified setup, or should i convert it to returnless like the stock LS setup? I haven't priced it out yet, but it seems a complete EFI setup is going to be quite a bit more expensive.. I've been trying to look for a thread about this, but none of them seemed to be the right combination of shell-to-powerplant.

Opinions welcome! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails 94 V6 to LS Swap Fuel system.-camaro1.jpg   94 V6 to LS Swap Fuel system.-camaro2.jpg  
Old 08-22-2013, 08:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know nothing about carb and therefore cannot give you ups and downs, but maybe this info can help with the EFI side

i'm not sure about you goals wayyy down the road, but if you get a full set of 98+ V6 fuel lines from the junk yard (feed, return & evap), you'd be fine. they're SUPER cheap! your feed would be 3/8" like LS1s and 5/16" for return & evap. the difference is there's not a T-block (LS1 "feature") just after the fuel filter near the rear, driver's side wheel... pictures courtesy of BigP: https://ls1tech.com/forums/12511286-post2.html. the only thing that block does is return the fuel to the tank sooner, keeping it cooler (allegedly; i've never tested this). with those V6 lines, you could choose to keep the regulator in the fuel bucket (another LS1 "feature") or move the regulator somewhere near the fuel rails. SO... my thought is if you get the V6 lines and the 97-98 corvette fuel rail ("return style" with the regulator built into the fuel rail), then if you choose to got FI down the road, you have minimal work to do. on the corvette forums are vendors selling those returns style rails for like $75. the junk yard lines could easily be had for under $20. then all you need is injectors and a computer.

with that set up, you might even be able to use the 99+ V6 fuel bucket, but don't quote me on that, i have never tried it! and i'm not sure what upgrade fuel pump options there are...

Quick Reply: 94 V6 to LS Swap Fuel system.